Sunday, April 27, 2008

Good work girls

To all who were involved in tonight's Sunday dinner I think we set a new standard of quality AND quantity of food! Everything was so great and thanks to all who contributed! There was lots of recipe swapping talk tonight so I hope everyone keeps their promises and posts away!

Here's the recipe for my salad

Ingredients:
spring mix lettuce
1 yellow pepper
1 granny smith apple
red onion
bacon pieces (real bacon)
craisins
shredded Parmesan cheese
sliced almonds

dressing:
olive oil
apple cider vinegar
sugar
lemon juice (opt.)
salt and pepper (opt.)

directions:
Thinly slice the pepper and red onion
chop into small pieces the green apple
mix in with greens (however much you want)
*I don't have any measurements of anything because I do it all by looks and taste so add however much of the other toppings that you want.
*for the almonds heat a small frying pan with just a few drops of olive oil. toast the almonds until they are golden brown and add a touch of salt (or sugar). Add the browned almonds to the salad.

For the dressing I blend in a separate cup a 1/4 cup olive oil and a little more than a 1/4 cup vinegar. Again I just go by taste. I like mine a little tangier. Then I add a pinch of sugar. Stir it very well and pour over salad. Toss thoroughly and serve immediately.

Enjoy my very favorite salad!
love maggie

1 comment:

IzeOfLight said...

Ooooh! I'm so excited for this! Just tonight my mom was saying, "Hey, get Maggie's recipe for that salad!" And voila--I just needed to check our blog! =)